Friday, August 15, 2008

Vintage Hamilton

Today I'm wearing another vintage piece, a Hamilton handwind from 1948 according to the engraving on the back. Actually the style and movement serial number are also correct for a 1948 watch, so I have no reason to doubt it. Another one from eBay (most likely) via my dad, this is a nice looking watch with art deco flared lugs and a simple but attractive dial design. It has a 14k gold filled case with the original crown signed with the Hamilton "H". I'm not sure what model it is as I don't have any kind of Hamilton reference book, and Hamilton made a number of watches very similar to this at the time but I haven't been able to track down the exact one. Runs strong and keeps perfect time which is pretty impressive for a 60-year old antique watch.












No comments: