Monday, March 10, 2008

Bulova Accutron VX-200 Automatic Diver

Let me start by saying I promise to wear something other than a diver's watch tomorrow. But today, it's another diver's watch! It's a Bulova Accutron VX-200 automatic. It's one of my more recent watch purchases, but not a surprising one. First, it's a diver's watch, and I seem to be drawn to their style, functionality and durability. Second, it's somewhat similar to the Tissot Seastar 1000 which I always liked the looks of but was unimpressed with the feel when I finally tried one on. Finally, it was on sale for a quarter of the MSRP which was impossible to pass up, especially since the Bulova outlet store was selling them for much more. It's a great watch, big and heavy but not overly bulky. It has a unique look that stands out in the world of cookie-cutter divers, large screw-down crown and a fantastic bracelet made up of more than a hundred individual link pieces. Overall it's a great watch and I've been very pleased with it.

No comments: