Friday, March 14, 2008

Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic

Today I'm wearing a Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic. This is the large model (42mm wide with 22mm lugs) and is incredibly legible. The movement is a 25 jewel ETA (I believe the 2824-2) and it keeps great time. This watch pays homage to Hamilton's military watch designs that were made for the US military from WWI until about the mid-1980s. It also bears a strong resemblance to pilot's watches used in the US and abroad. I actually bought this watch used and hoped to be able to use the bracelet on my Hamilton Khaki Field Chronograph, but while the cases look the same, the holes in the lugs are in slightly different places. This is a great all-occasion watch that looks great on the bracelet, NATO straps or leather bands. While it is quite wide, it's fairly thin and slips easily under a shirt cuff. I've worn this watch a lot and never really gotten tired of it. It has a classic design but is still pretty impressive and modern due to its size.

1 comment:

Millionaire Photographer said...

nice Hamilton, Reminds me of the IWC watch that i saw last month. I really need to buy that one. Nice Blog!