Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 6: Casio G-Shock GW-200K-2JR Frogman

Today's watch is the Casio G-Shock GW-200K-2JR Frogman, the second Frogman to be featured here. This model is from 2001 and as Sjors writes: "G-Shock releases special limited editions when the International Cetacean Education and Research Centers (I.C.E.R.C.) organize their International Dolphin & Whale Eco-Research Network." If you read Japanese you can find out more about I.C.E.R.C., but I don't so I don't know a lot about them. Pretty much all that I know is that the I.C.E.R.C. G-Shocks are limited editions, tend to be hard to find and usually pretty pricey. Add that to the inherent scarcity and collectability of the Frogmen and you can see why these are definitely good models to pick up. They usually have some pretty unique features as well, like the whale in the EL backlight on this model (seen here in Ozzie's photos) and special color schemes (the case on this one even has a metallic finish to it.) Other than that and the special I.C.E.R.C. markings and caseback this model is the same as the Triple Crown of Surfing Frogmen, in fact they use the same digital module (2422) so they have exactly the same watch functions. Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention in my previous Frogman write-up: The reason the case is offset to the left is to make it more comfortable to wear on the left wrist. If the case was centered, the large size could make it dig into the back of your hand if you had your wrist flexed, but with the offset design that's never a problem (unless you try to wear it on your right wrist, which makes it quite uncomfortable.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

in a recession like this, that's a sweet watch!