Friday, March 7, 2008

Modified Invicta 9937 Swiss Automatic Diver

Today's selection is a modified Invicta model 9937 diving watch. This watch is very similar in design to the classic Rolex Submariner, although different enough to not be an exact replica. The 9937 is definitely one of Invicta's nicest watches. It has an 25 jewel Swiss ETA 2824 automatic movement, 200m water resistance and is "Swiss Made". It's also popular enough that it has been issued three times with slight variations. I have another one that is unmodified so I'll save the details of the base watch for when I wear that one. Both of mine are from the original issue of the 9937, so they are very similar. This watch has been modified with a Type 1 dial and Type 1 hands from MKII Watches and has been fitted with a very comfortable silicone rubber strap. The combination definitely gives the watch a very purposeful military-style look. In taking the photos today I noticed some damage to the bezel insert near 12 o'clock, so I think I'll shop around a bit for a replacement.

No comments: