Friday, June 20, 2008

Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster" Automatic Diver

Today I'm wearing my Seiko "Orange Monster" diver. This is one of the most popular Seikos among watch lovers. Lots of information and reviews can be found on the net. In a nutshell, it's a large, good-looking, reliable watch that is not overly flashy, but does stand out because it's pretty unique. The quality of the case and bracelet, as well as the combination of brushed and polished details really makes it look more expensive than it really is. I only have the orange version of the monster, although it also comes in a black-dialed version, and has been issued in limited editions with yellow, blue and red dials. More recently a version has been released with a black PVD case and bracelet that is available with either an orange or black dial. Except for the basic black-dialed or orange-dialed versions, all the other versions have higher prices, and the yellow-dialed limited edition might be the most rare. Considering my penchant for collecting, it's a little strange I don't at least have a black monster, if not one of the other models, but I guess I just haven't gotten around to it yet.










No comments: