Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Non-Stop G-Shocks: DW-6900R-7 Rastafarian

Today I'm wearing another recent G-Shock acquisition, my 6900 from the Rastafarian Series. As I mentioned when I wore my Jam'in Color 6900, I really like this design. It is a true classic like the 5600, but is larger and chunkier so it fits in with the larger watches that are popular today. This particular one is unique in a few ways. It has a white finish that is best described as "semi-gloss" with dark green text around the bezel and a dark grey face with gold text over a gold LCD. All of these colors work great with the gold buttons and buckle and are accented by the tri-color nylon keepers in the colors of the Jamaican flag. The backlight features and image of the Lion of Judah, a symbol of importance in the Rastafari religion. I believe the other two watches in this series, the DW-5600R-3 and G-5500R-1, also share this backlight image as well as some other features. Casio had previously released a few Rastafarian or reggae models, but I think they were a little too loud and looked slightly slapdash. None of them really excited me like this collection does.











2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! what a great web site, I love all the info... THANK YOU!!!

GMaster said...

Awesome g-shock, where can i buy this one?