Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fossil Quartz

Today I'm wearing this Fossil. My only Fossil, now that I think about it. I've certainly seen others that I've liked over the years, but not enough to buy one. I got this as a Christmas gift from my parents in either 1991 or 1992. If I recall correctly, it came on a combination leather and fabric strap similar to these. The original strap deteriorated after wearing it for many years and I recently replaced it with this crocodile grain leather strap that matches the dial very well. The case originally had a antiqued finish but it too deteriorated over time (the finish, not the case.) I cleaned it up a few years back and got a nice shine out of the brass, but since then it has picked up a bit of a patina. It's still quite attractive, in my opinion. I probably don't need to explain why it's not running, right? It will, and I will find the right cell for it, but who knows when. Regardless, enjoy the pics, including those of the unique original packaging at the bottom of the page.


















No comments: