Monday, September 29, 2008

Waltham Model 1894 Pocket Watch

Today I have my other pocket watch, a Waltham Model 1894. Based on the serial number this one was made in 1932 or 1933. This was originally owned by my great-uncle and was another watch given to me by my grandfather. Unfortunately, like Friday's watch, this one has stopped working sometime in the last 15-20 years. The gold-filled case is still attractive, as is the dial (which could use a cleaning) but it will need servicing before it keeps time again. This watch has a 12s movement which is considerably smaller than Friday's 18s. It's another nice pocket watch with some family history, and it probably deserves to be made functional again.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Appleton, Tracy, & Co.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waltham_Watch_Company#Appleton_Tracy_.26_Company