Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Non-Stop G-Shocks: DWX-101P-1T

I think I chose a pretty unusual watch to wear today, although it looks like these are reasonably popular among collectors, possibly because they can usually be found pretty cheap. It's a DWX-101P-1T. Similar models are marked "X-treme" and/or "G-Lide", but this one wears neither title although it shares most elements with the other DWX models. This one is marked "Special Edition" on the box, but I can't tell you what features earned it that moniker. Keep in mind this watch is from 1999, so it's not some new deign you've never seen before, it's an old design that you've probably never seen before. It's late so I'll make this quick: I like it. It looks like a futuristic Frogman, and for all I know, it could have been a design for a Frogman that was adopted for a different line. The resin feels a little slicker and less soft than some of my other G-Shocks, but this doesn't seem like a G-Shock for extreme duty anyway; it seems like a G-Shock for use on a space station or moon base. I like the wide webbed nylon band (and the extra red and black band that I forgot to take photographs of) and the enormous deployant clasp on the end. The whole watch is pretty light, low-profile and comfortable. A nice watch and an easy purchase given the relatively low prices I've seen on eBay, especially if you like the way it looks.
















No comments: