Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Non-Stop G-Shocks: G-Shock DW-9600WC-7T W.C.C.S.

Very busy day today, so I'll try to make this post brief. I didn't even have a chance to take photos at the office, so I took them outside at home this afternoon. The watch is another DW-9600WC-7T. Yes, I've had two of these for quite some time. I sold the first one, which I posted back in March. (Sjors thinks the first one is a DW-9600WC-8T and it's certainly a possibility, but I think the grey or smoke watches usually turn a greener color, not so yellow. I think the strap adapters just became dark due to natural aging. Also, the 8T seemed to have a slightly two-tone strap, which definitely wasn't the case on the one I had. Honestly I don't think we'll ever know which one of us is right.) Anyway, this one is obviously less yellowed than my previously posted one and seems like it lived a slightly easier life all around. I still really like this model with its titanium case and screwback, it's kind of like a "Mini-Frogman" and is perhaps easier to wear when a bigger Frogman might be "too much". There are a number of other colors that seem to be readily available in new condition from Yahoo! Japan auctions and other sources, so I wouldn't be surprised if I added a couple more to my collection. Of course, there are also W.C.C.S. 6900 and Frogmen models to consider, not to mention all the other G-Shocks and other watches out there.
















No comments: