Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Non-Stop G-Shocks: DW-6900WCJ-9ER 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™

Today I'm wearing the companion piece to my DW-5600 FIFA G-Shock, the DW-6900 from the same series. Just as the 5600 uses the German national football uniform for the color scheme, this 6900 uses the colors of the Brazilian team. Even the "G-SHOCK" printing at the top of the face is in the bright blue just like the player's shorts. Like the 5600 this one is also made in Japan, features GOLEO VI and Pille in the EL backlight and has FIFA and 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ in various places on the watch. This seemed to be a more popular color combination than the black and white Germany 5600, but both of them were purchased at heavy discount from an eBay seller in Germany. I find the color scheme very attractive (as is the Brazilian flag from which the uniforms draw their inspiration) but it's definitely bright, probably too bright for most people to wear every day, including myself. I do enjoy wearing it though, when the occasion and my wardrobe allow.
















No comments: