Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Seiko SKXA47 "White Knight" Automatic Diver

Today I'm wearing my White Knight. When I started to seriously get into watches a few years back I started reading the Poor Man's Watch Forum and found many people very impressed with this watch. Before I knew it I had a package from Singapore containing my first two Seikos, this one and an SKX781. I can't say enough good things about this watch. It is large (45mm wide) without being clunky, functional but elegant and polished without being flashy. The style works just as well on a beach or underwater as it does at a formal dinner. Contrary to the name, the dial is silver, but I suppose "Silver Knight" doesn't have the same ring to it. You can see in the photos the dial has a fine texture to it in the center, a feature shared by the Black Knight but not the Orange Knight. The bracelet is also excellent combining brushed and polished finishes and heavy duty solid links throughout. Like all of my Seikos this one keeps great time and should provide many years of worry-free service.







1 comment:

AlphAlphA said...

As pretty as these watches are, they have one major flaw. With all the information in the day/date window, it is impossible to read it at a quarter past the hour, the big fat hands cover the window, so you have to wait to verify what day it is. That's poor design in my opinion.